IUPUI has a job opening for a Biosafety Specialist. This position is part of Indiana University Environmental Health and Safety (IUEHS) and is based out of the Indianapolis campus. Current application deadline is July 5, 2018, but deadline may be extended if position is not filled. For additional details about the position and to apply please visit https://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/48469
- President Elect: Steven Ziegenfuss, RBP (Alternate Biosafety Officer @ Iowa State University)
- Secretary: Holley Trucks, MPH, RBP, MT(AAB) (Assistant Biosafety Officer @ University of Kentucky)
- Treasurer: Anne Dombroski-Brokman, MS, RBP (Biosafety Specialist @ Iowa State University)
- Councilors: Travis McCarthy, PhD, RBP (Biosafety Officer@ University of Missouri Laboratory for Infectious Disease Research) & Allen Helm, PhD, RBP (Biosafety Officer @ University of Chicago)
- Ensures the safety of laboratory workers, support staff and the community.
- Assists laboratories in maintaining compliance with applicable NIH, OSHA, CDC, and EPA regulations as well as other relevant State and Local agencies (as applicable).
- Reinforces and rewards a positive working relationship between the Office for Research Safety (ORS) and individual laboratories.
- Grants special dispensation to accredited laboratories in the form of rewards and incentives including recognition, rewards and less frequent inspections.
ChABSA has partnered with the Alliance of Hazardous Materials Managers (AHMP) Cyber Chapter to allow participants to view and participate in the technical seminar. If you believe that members of your ABSA affiliate association would be interested in viewing this event, please forward to your members as appropriate.
ChABSA’s next technical seminar information is posted below:
Thomas A. Nerad, MPH, PhD., Director,
Office of Biological Hazards, OSHA,
Directorate of Standards and Guidance, Department of Labor
Will Present on: "OSHA Regulations, Guidance and Employer Support Programs to Further Safety and Health in Laboratories"
Date: May 16, 2018; Estimated time of speaker presentation 7:15 - 7:30 EDT
Cost is $35.