IUPUI has a job opening for a Biosafety Specialist. This position is part of Indiana University Environmental Health and Safety (IUEHS) and is based out of the Indianapolis campus. Current application deadline is July 5, 2018, but deadline may be extended if position is not filled. For additional details about the position and to apply please visit https://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/48469
Washington University St Louis has a job opening for an Associate Biological Safety Officer. This is a full time position in the Environmental Health & Safety Department of Washington University.
This position serves as one of the initial reviewers for protocols submitted to the Institutional Biological & Chemical Safety committee. This position oversees the clinic inspection program for Washington University which includes day-to-day supervision of the Health & Safety Processional staff. Supports the BSL3 safety program by performing semi-annual inspections of BSL3 and ABSL3 areas and by serviing as subject matter expert for questions about BSL3 design, maintenance, and work practices. Serves as one of the alternate responsible officials for WU’s select agent program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Health & Safety Professionals.
- Assist the BSO in overseeing the clinical safety program.
- Review research protocols and perform the initial risk assement in the areas of potentially infectious microorganisms, potentially biohazardous materials, recombinant DNA, biotechnology, chemical carcinogens, and toxins.
- Act as liaison to faculty and staff as well as to representatives from many regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Serves as an Alternative Responsible Official and assists the BSO/RO in overseeing the Select Agent Program.
- Serve as member of the WU Hazardous Materials Spill Response Team (HAZWOPER).
OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, research laboratory experience, and professional certificatin (CBSP, CSP, etc.) are strongly preferred.
Salary Range & Benefits
The hiring range for this position is $102,419 – $103,419 annually.
|-Retirement Savings Plan |
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Potential exposure to chemicals, radioactive materials, and potentially infectious materials in a laboratory environment. Will need to carry on-call (24/7) phone for spill response approximately once per quarter. Need to wear personal protectiveequipment during inspections and spill remediation. Occasional lifting >25 pounds. Use of specialized equipment (mercury vacuum, SCBA, vaporized hydrogen peroxide decontamination equipment, air monitoring equipment, etc.).
For more details and to apply
Associate Biological Safety Officer – Environmental Health & Safety – 42545
Washington University St Louis
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.