REMEMBER WHEN WE SAID MARK YOUR CALENDAR? WELL – YOU CAN UNMARK IT…AND MARK IT AGAIN
Because it’s now more important than ever, the 16th Annual MABioN Biosafety Symposium will still be held, just not in-person and not August 3-5, 2020 in Ann Arbor, MI. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our annual Biosafety Symposium will be held remotely through our GoToWebinar platform. You can still participate, present, and attend – and get CM points from ABSA – but you can do it from home or office. Our hope is to not only have our usual attendance of 40-50 members but to double or even triple attendance to provide CM points for the many biosafety professionals out there that will be unable to attend other regional affiliate symposiums or training courses that may have been canceled due to COVID-19 or travel restrictions.
Logistics and planning are ongoing and the plan is still being developed, but we are envisioning several 2-4 hour sessions in late July/early August, and we are currently seeking abstracts for scientific program presentations. The goal of the scientific program is to present a wide array of information that would be of interest to our membership.
New Call for Abstract Submissions (Due June 21, 2020)
You DO NOT need to be a member to present at the symposium.
Based on the feedback of our membership suggested topics are included below, however, all submissions will be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the scientific program.
For current MABioN members who present at the symposium, your name will be entered in a drawing for free 2020 ABSA conference registration. One (1) winner will be chosen at the conclusion of the symposium whose 2020 ABSA conference registration fee will be paid by MABioN*.
*Does not include preconference course fee or any other expenses. Winner must confirm that he/she is planning on attending the upcoming 2020 ABSA conference and has other funding source for all other travel expenses.
- Best Practices vs. Regulatory Compliance vs. Reality, aka Biosafety Program Development & Management
- Biosafety and Emerging Technologies Risk Assessment (Gene Editing Techniques, Novel Equipment Platforms)
- Securing Buy-in and Support for Biosafety Programs
- Animal Biosafety Issues
- Case Studies and Risk Assessments for Specific Agents, Experimental Procedures, etc.
- Respiratory Protection and PPE – Selection, Use, Training
- Dealing with an Influx of COVID-19-related Projects
- Providing Biosafety Guidance During Research Ramp-downs and Ramp-ups
Remember, presentations at ABSA affiliate meetings may be eligible for CM points!