Dear MABioN Members, 2018 is an election year for MABioN. I am soliciting volunteers from the membership that are interested in becoming more active in MABioN by serving on the Executive Council and/or as members of standing committees. Current (paid) MABioN members are eligible to serve on any open position. Descriptions of Executive Council positions and standing committees are included below. Please complete and submit the Call to Service form by March 31st, 2018 by clicking here. Elections will be held in April 2018 via electronic ballot. Please feel free to contact Mary Cipriano or any member of the current Executive Council if you have questions about volunteering for any of these roles. Mary Cipriano, Past President
Eagleson Institute will be hosting
15th CDC International Symposium on Biosafety: Biosafety in the Era of One Health
February 10-14, 2018 in Atlanta, GA
Join us to examine the intersection of laboratory animal medicine, biosafety, and one health!
Keynote: One Health- The Key to Making Health Security a Global Public Good
Dr. Susan Corning, BA, MSc, BVSc, MRCVS, FRSPH, Senior Advisor to the Deputy Director General of the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE).
Emerging Disease Case Studies
Hantavirus: The Big Picture
Barbara Knust, DVM, MPH, CDC
- Hanta & Communication Jennifer McQuiston, DVM, MS (CAPT, USPHS), CDC
- Hanta & Research (Field and Lab) Brian Amman, PhD, CDC
- Hanta Epidemiology & Lab Investigation Barbara Knust, DVM, MPH, CDC
Influenza: The Big Picture
Richard Webby, PhD, St. Jude
- Biosafety and Occupational Health with Known and Unknown Influenza Strains Zeke McKinney, MD, HealthPartners St. Paul
- Influenza in Cats and Dogs, A Complex Interaction of Viruses David Suarez, United States Department of Agriculture
- Epidemiology of Influenza A Transmission From Swine to Humans at State Fairs Andrew S. Bowman, MS, DVM, PhD Diplomate ACVPM, Ohio State University
- Emerging Technologies in Public Health Labs Greg Armstrong, MD, CDC
- Maldi-Tof and Biosafety Issues, Next Generation Sequencing Michael Perry, MS, MS Ed, Wadsworth Center
- Patient Derived Xenographs Timothy Mandrell, DVM, DACLAM
- Robotics/ High Throughput Screening Rich Rebar, GSK and Mary Sabolefski, MS, Novartis
Communication and Outreach
- How to Communicate Risk When You Do Not Know Everything, Thomas Kost, PhD, DTM
And Much More!
- Including 13 Preconference Classes
Presented By: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in partnership with the Eagleson Institute and the American Biological Safety Association (ABSA International)
Cosponsored By: American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS), the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL), American Society of Laboratory Animal Practitioners (ASLAP), American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM) and the One Health Commission
For a complete Symposium agenda, please visit:
Thanks to Eagleson Institute for sponsoring MABioN!