2021 MABioN Biosafety Symposium Call for Abstracts- submission deadline June 20, 2021
MARK YOUR CALENDAR! The 17th Annual MABioN Biosafety Symposium will be held August 2-4, 2021 at University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky. We are currently seeking abstracts for scientific program presentations. The goal is to present a wide array of information that would be of interest to our membership. You DO NOT need to be a member to present at the symposium and this would be a good opportunity to present at a regional ABSA affiliate without having to travel too far (or at all). Additionally, presenters will have the option to present in person or virtually.
For current MABioN members who present at the symposium, your name will be entered in a drawing for free 2021 ABSA conference registration. One (1) winner will be chosen at the conclusion of the symposium whose 2021 ABSA conference registration fee will be paid by MABioN.*.
*Does not include preconference course fee or any other expenses. Winner must confirm that he/she is planning on attending the upcoming 2021 ABSA conference and has other funding source(s) for all other travel expenses.
Based on the feedback of our membership suggested topics are included below, however, all submissions will be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the scientific program:
- Best Practices vs. Regulatory Compliance vs. Reality, aka Biosafety Program Development & Management
- Biosafety and Emerging Technologies Risk Assessment (Gene Editing Techniques, Novel Equipment Platforms)
- Securing Buy-in and Support for Biosafety Programs
- Animal Biosafety Issues
- Case Studies and Risk Assessments for Specific Agents, Experimental Procedures, etc.
- Respiratory Protection and PPE – Selection, Use, Training
- Dealing with an Influx of COVID-19-related Projects
- Providing Biosafety Guidance During Research Ramp-downs and Ramp-ups
Remember, biosafety presentations at ABSA affiliate meetings may be eligible for CM points!
Please complete the call for papers submission form no later than June 20, 2021.