Dear MABioN Members, 2018 is an election year for MABioN. I am soliciting volunteers from the membership that are interested in becoming more active in MABioN by serving on the Executive Council and/or as members of standing committees. Current (paid) MABioN members are eligible to serve on any open position. Descriptions of Executive Council positions and standing committees are included below. Please complete and submit the Call to Service form by March 31st, 2018 by clicking here. Elections will be held in April 2018 via electronic ballot. Please feel free to contact Mary Cipriano or any member of the current Executive Council if you have questions about volunteering for any of these roles. Mary Cipriano, Past President
MARK YOUR CALENDAR! The 15th Annual MABioN Biosafety Symposium will be held August 5-7, 2019 at The Ohio State University, Columbus OH. We are currently seeking abstracts for scientific program presentations. The goal of the scientific program is to present a wide array of information that would be of interest to our membership. However, you DO NOT need to be a member to submit abstract and present at the symposium. Based on the feedback of our membership suggested topics are included below, however, all submissions will be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the scientific program.
- Best Practices vs. Regulatory Compliance vs. Reality, aka Biosafety Program Development & Management
- Biosafety and Emerging Technologies Risk Assessment (Gene Editing Techniques, Novel Equipment Platforms)
- Securing Buy-in and Support for Biosafety Programs
- Animal Biosafety Issues
- Case Studies and Risk Assessments for Specific Agents, Experimental Procedures, etc.
- Respiratory Protection and PPE – Selection, Use, Training
Remember, biosafety presentations at ABSA affiliate meetings may be eligible for CM points!
Please complete the call for papers submission form no later than May 15, 2019.