The 14th Annual MABioN Biosafety Symposium will be held August 6-8, 2018 at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS. We are currently seeking abstracts for scientific program presentations. The goal of the scientific program is to present a wide array of information that would be of interest to our membership. Based on the feedback of our membership suggested topics are included below, however, all submissions will be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the scientific program.
- Biosafety for Clinical Laboratories
- Securing Buy-in and Support for Biosafety Programs
- BSL-2 Training Programs and Documentation
- Biosafety and Emerging Technologies Risk Assessment (Gene Editing Techniques, Novel Equipment Platforms)
- Waste Management and Disposal and Decontamination Options and Considerations (Autoclave Evaluation, Biohazardous Waste of Various Types, Mixed Chemical and Biological Wastes)
- Best Practices vs. Regulatory Compliance vs. Reality, aka Biosafety Program Development & Management
Remember, biosafety presentations at ABSA affiliate meetings may be eligible for CM points!
Please complete the call for papers submission form no later than May 15, 2018.
If you have questions about topics or presentation details please contact Brandy Nelson, MABioN Symposium Chair, at email@example.com.